Mason jars are great ways to prep salad for the week for your lunches or dinners, and you can always change up the recipe! Here is a simple mason jar salad recipe to enjoy . Explore various options and have fun with it! Prep for the week and store in the fridge. Grab and go as needed. For full article / recipe click on title for link :]
“Layering Salad Jars:
1) BOTTOM – dressing/liquid
2) Heavy ingredients that hold up well when submerged in dressing – beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion..
3) Heavy items that you may not want directly touching the dressing when stored.
4) Leafy greens/light ingredients that take up a lot of space – spinach, kale, chard, arugula..
5) A small amount of heavy accent items – nuts, seeds, dried fruit, croutons, accent spices
6) TOP – colorful ingredients to perk up your taste buds when you pop open the jar – fruit, edible flowers, herbs..
Other: grains and pasta are nice add ins. I like to put these on top of the plentiful salad so that it doesn’t get soggy in the dressing but helps to weigh the greens down a bit so I can fit more yummy stuff in each jar.
There are no exact “rules” and that is the fun part. Let creativity take over.”